01 January 2013

Making Magic and Marking Time...

Happy New Year! 

Today ushered in a new year, 2013 to be exact.  Wow...2013?  While I contemplate how this can possibly be ...well, possible....I look forward to living the new year to the fullest.  Best wishes to all for a prosperous and peaceful year.

This author is four pages into plotting and 'what-if' pages on the fantastical magic laced world of a new story idea I mentioned a few weeks ago.  If you stole a peek at the music video that kicked my brainstorming into action (however slow it is coming along), you maybe grabbed the vibe....  It's different, but absolutely interesting!  Writing out a structured system of rules to govern magic within a storyline is proving a challenge.  I've got an ear 'trained to the world of fantasy and magic' at the ready to help me sort through this mess I've created...Hmmm.  Time to capitalize.  LOL.

I'm also a few pages into the writing of my newest romance, which is tentatively being called 'Finding Fidelity'.  I can't give much away at this point, because this story seems to be unfolding in new directions at every turn.  The only character profile packet I've developed is my main character, Francesca Davis DiCello...and she's positively 'hard to handle' as I attempt to pen her wild and wacky tale of self-discovery. 

New years often bring us to self-examination, resolutions, and a feeling of fresh starts.  I'm not much for resolutions, and it would seem I set out on my own fresh start about five months early.  But I wish everyone the best as they take on 2013...whether you've resolved to make changes or are perfectly content right where you are!

~ Nadja



7 comments:

  1. You had me at "Magic System."

    (Yes, I'm still alive, lurking.)

    If you want (what I think are) the best rules to magic systems, check out what fab fantasy author Brandon Sanderson has to say about it. (Just google Sanderson's first law and go from there.).

    Also, if you get stuck, feel free to shoot me an email. I love conceptualizing the fantastical. It speaks to the magical engineer in me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see your writing is going along. Slow paced or not, it's moving along and progress is always good :-)

    Happy New Year to you as well, Nadja. May bit be filled with a wealth of great health and prosperity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! Isn't getting that new story going fun? I'm ready to dig into a new one, but I have edits to complete. Good luck!

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, Nadja. I miss you! I'm glad to see you back online and writing. I wish good things for you for 2013. I can't wait to see what you're writing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No resolutions this year for me, but I did pick another Word of the Year!

    Can't wait to read all your updates in the coming year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, all!

    After a much needed 'regrouping'...I'm off!


    @Juliana...Happy New Year!


    @Matt...I will definitely be studying those laws...and I may shoot you an email as well. I seem to be conjuring more questions than answers as I attempt to sort through my magical structuring. Oy! Lol.

    @Angela...Thank you...so very much. All the best to you! You have been such a great support and encourager over the last year.

    @Lauralynn...I miss you too!

    @Melanie...Absolutely! Good luck with edits. They can be formidable...lol

    @Kate...Cannot wait to check the new Word Of The Year!

    ReplyDelete