02 July 2012

Setting Goals For A Summer Round

A New Round Of Words, A New Adventure

ROW80 kicks off a new round today.  Have you stated your intent?  I'm just posting.  My round will be a bit sketchy as we'll be doing a fair bit of traveling this summer.  My posts can be handled in advance, but writing time will be limited.  Enjoying my family is summer goal #1.  Everything else is icing on the cake.  Ha!

  This is for Angela Brown...  Three Deuces is our wine label!  We've now made two batches of wine.  We're about to make another one soon, I think we'll make Gerwertztraminer again.  It was amazing!




  
Here's my list....

*  Complete first draft of A Practical Arrangement.  (I've got between 10K - 20K to finish up)

*  Search images for cover and send all to Elaina Lee at For The Muse Design.

*  Complete revisions as needed once WIP completed.

*  Type.  (Yes, I know...I promised I would type each chapter as I wrote.  I lied.)

*  Editing.

*  Send to beta readers.  More editing based on feedback.  (Oh!  The Editing!)

*  Format and publish to Amazon for Kindle.  (I've tried some little formatting tricks in this piece and I'm anxious to see if they'll be successful!)  This will mark my second historical novella.  I will write another one and then publish the trilogy in one paperback book.  Hmmm.  Now I need to pull another historical story idea from my brain.  :}

*  Social goals:  Visit 5 sites daily (Mon-Thurs), continue to explore WanaTribe and RNCenter.  That's it!  I've no major plans otherwise.  I want to concentrate on the writing for awhile after the whirlwind of my last release and book tour.  Phew!







*  Continue to exercise four times per week.  Lucky me - I have an exercise partner with the gift of motivation!


*   Cook some fabulous food!  I love, love, love to cook.  But lately I've struggled to get into the kitchen - it's making me sad.  So, I'm adding in a goal to remedy this situation.  I want to cook one large meal a week where I try something new!



 ~ Nadja



20 comments:

  1. You've got some great goals for ROW80. Getting out another great novella sounds wonderful. Get'er done so I can purchase my copy :-) YAY!!

    Okay, now about that wine. I'm just amazed at the ability to go step by step to produce delicious tasting wine. Looks like a beautiful white and I love the name and label. Thanks for sharing about it today. Now I shall shamelessly tag upon your coattails with interest in both writing and wine products. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Anytime, Angela! ...And yes, this wine was a very good white. Gerwertztraminer is an off-dry German white wine. I fell in love with it and had to make it. For one of my future bloghops...I'll give away a wine basket! Hmmm...now why didn't I ever think of that before??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Simple and yet quite a handful if you think about it ;)
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely, Juliana. Even keeping it simple is still a handful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love it when a new round begins. I'm going to state my goals on Wednesday. Good luck on your projects. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're signing up for another round, Medeia! Wednesday is IWSG...Don't forget! :)

      Delete
  6. Great goals and I love that your family comes first! I am going to try and be more present this round :) Good luck my friend, it is going to be a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Em! Looking forward to keeping up with you over this round. But, yeah, I'm looking forward to enjoying my family. Summer is over so quickly!

      Delete
  7. Type... do you mean you write everything by hand?

    *dies*

    Er, anyway! Good luck to you this round!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's wonderful you're switching it up to maintain the right balance. Absolutely a great family summer is goal #1! Good luck with all of your goals this round, Nadja. I'm not surprised you didn't type as you went. Your system seems to work fine for you, besides the dreaded typing. :)

    Is one of your kids a good typist? Maybe they'll end up grounded and you can make them type your book. I dream about when my kids are old enough to be grounded and have to do things for me. Is that so terrible?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm laughing ...loudly.

      I just love that they're old enough to do the chores I want. Three boys in the house is fantastic! No grass mowing for me! Ha! But I have my boys help with everything. It takes everyone working together to make a household run. They help unload the dishwasher, help with laundry, running the sweeper, dusting...you name it and they sometimes have it for a chore.
      So...No. I don't think that is so terrible. Ha!

      Delete
  9. You've got some good goals there! I've been making more time to enjoy cooking and working on projects that aren't writing related. It's made a difference in my creativity and want to sit and the keyboard and produce.

    Have fun with the family and safe travels!

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melanie! I find that working on things I love helps my creativity also.

      Delete
  10. Ref: I love, love, love to cook.

    If only some of that would rub off on me. LOL.

    PS I love that you make your own wine. I have another friend who makes his own wine. I adore his tales of wine-making. There's a story in there somewhere.

    Have safe Fourth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! I'd send you some of my cooking love if I could. Ha!

      And yes...I will write a story with wine-making as a backdrop. I just have to find the right story to write...lol.

      You have a wonderful 4th also, Maria!

      Delete
  11. Great goals for this round, Nadja! Simple, but still challenging. I hope you have a WONDERFUL summer with the family with lots of productivity squished in between! By the way, so cool that you made your own wine. The wine basket idea is awesome. I bet some of your readers would be so excited to get that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lauren! I'll be sure to offer a wine basket in the future. :} First, I have to make more wine! We're down to about three or four bottles left...and I need to make September Sangria...lol.

      Delete
  12. I don't drink a lot of white wine anymore but Gerwertztraminer is one of my favorites :) I've never tried making wine. Would love to see a post on your process *hint, hint*

    Enjoying family...definitely the best goal! All the best for this Round Nadja.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm more of a red wine person too, Raelyn, but I fell in love with Gerwertztraminer at a taste testing event for wine-makers. I'll have to post about the process in the future in my Researching For Romance series. It's actually fairly simple and straight forward. My dad has been making wine for years! I want to feature a vinyard in a novel one day. Maybe my next historical?? I don't rightly know yet. Ha. Thanks for the encouragement. :}

      Delete