18 September 2011

Awards, Awards, I Love Awards!

Em ~ Loves To Read, Wants To Write & Angela ~ In Pursuit Of Publishness & Lady Gwen all gifted me with this great award over the past week!  Thank you ladies...It does feel great to know someone is getting enjoyment (or even a laugh...or two) from my blog!
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post. *check*

2. Share 7 things about yourself *check*

3. Pass this Award along to 15 recently discovered blogs and let them know about it! *check*
(Although I won't be passing this along to 15 recently discovered blogs - I will mention my favorite reads/discoveries for this week) 





Link Up To These Great Blogs This Week...

1.  Angela ~ In Pursuit Of Publishness posted a hilarious bit I've been wanting to share all week.  Well, here it is.  Take a minute to give yourself a smile today.

2.  Angela ~ Cheerios and Pearls Stories is another favorite of mine.  Check out her posts on Living With The Consequences, and her Story Time Challenge.

3. Maria Zannini had me in stitches earlier this week, wondering where all the 'Manly-Men' have disappeared to in the world of male-models-for-book-covers.  She may have coined a new term in the process of her musings.  Laugh away the stress from your day over at her site.

4. Elana Johnson has an entire page with tips for building a better blog.  I know that many of my fellow ROW80 are (like me) new to blogging, and I thought the link would be a helpful tool to feature. 

5.  R.D. Denton posted an excerpt of a new piece he's begun work on, 'Our Borrowed Earth'.  Well worth the time to read, Denton shows us how a dystopian fiction piece should begin.

Again, the rules want some ramdom facts about me...(one asks for ten, the other, seven, so I'm combining here!)

1.  Once, when asked what I wanted to be when I grew up, I answered, "Lucille Ball!"  I still think that.
 

2.  I am left handed - and three of my five children are also left handed. 


3.  I write longhand in notebooks for my writing projects and use pencil.  Always.
 

4.  I am uber-unpopular in my home, as I do not celebrate Halloween. 

5.  My favorite holiday is Christmas!  I spend months getting ready for the big day...
  

6.  I hate going to the doctor.  To be honest, I'm afraid.  I have been since I was a little kid.  All that poking, checking, touching, prodding, blood-testing, light-shining invasiveness just gives me the shivers.  Unless I feel like I'm dying, you won't catch me in a Dr.'s office.  No way!


7.  Overall, bananas are my favorite fruit.  Banana bread, banana soup (bananas and milk), banana popcicles, banana margaritas, you name it, I love it!


8.  Cooking and entertaining are my favorite things to do after reading and writing. :)  Food makes me happy...

  

9.  I adore the Marx brother's movies...Duck Soup is my all time fav...


10. Bellydancing may be the sexiest thing I've seen performed.

And Here's Another Great Award Passed On To Me By...
Lisa Potts ~ Writer!  What a great award.  Thanks so much, Lisa, for thinking of me!

  I've already listed five great blogs that I think are worth a follow, so be sure to check them out.








Katy Upperman posted this great question over at her blog - thought I'd re-post and give you all a chance to join in, too!

What are your top FIVE ideal writing locations? (Bonus points: if you include pictures!)

  I write at my kitchen table and at a coffee shop (or two...) near my home.  I rarely write at my desk, but I do my blogging and platforming building there.  Pretty simple - I don't even have five places to list! 
  The first is 'Northern Lights'...and the second is 'Zummo's'....Both are great places! 
...And...
Would you rather give up eating meat forever, or cut all carbs from your diet indefinitely?

There's no question about my answer...I'd give up meat!  I could not live without my carbs.  Bread, rolls, buns, foccacia, pita, dumplings, Naan, rice, potatoes, sweet potatoes, deserts of all kinds, potato chips, ...give them up?  Not this girl.  Never.


Also, don't forget these two dates for Campaign updates/events! Click here to visit the Campaign Home Page...Where Rach tells us...

I'll be announcing the winners on Monday, September 19th, so make sure you pop back then :)

And don't forget to come back for the Second Campaigner Challenge on Thursday, 22nd September!!!

Don't forget to check in and see what other ROW80 members are up to...
~ Nadja

19 comments:

  1. Hi Nadja, nicely done on the awards. I'm also left handed, I quite like being a minority and I shall indeed be back for round 4. Best of luck for the last few days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting facts! I also love the accompanying photos. Is that YOUR tree in the Christmas photo? It's amazing!

    C.M. Cipriani

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! So much for one post. I didn't know where to begin.

    I was born a lefty, but forced to be a righty. Faced with so much opposition I learned to be ambidextrous.

    Thanks for the mention!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you're a popular girl! I always say when I grow up, I want to be Audrey Hepburn. And my best friend and brother are both left-handed. Congrats on all those awards! I'm off to check out those blogs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I'm with you on not celebrating Halloween and planning for months for Christmas (though I refuse to decorate before Thanksgiving). Bellydancing is amazing, I so want to learn how to do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katy - Glad to hear it! I'm already looking forward to round four.

    C.M. - I sooo wish that was my tree! I'll look for a pic to upload of mine. Not quite so fancy...lol. Glad you liked my stupid facts! Ha!

    Maria - I know...this post kept growing and growing and growing...You are very welcome! I've enjoyed reading your blog so much!

    Meika - Audrey Hepburn ...oh, she was just terrific! So classy. Wow! I can't believe how many responders are/were lefties! Awesome:)

    Raelyn - I refuse to decorate before Thanksgiving, but I begin baking weeks before that holiday! My sisters and I took classes, but Ohhh! to see it performed by someone who is actually good! Amazing! It's really good exercise, too!
    Thanks everyone ~ Nadja

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a confession, Nadja, I am left-handed as well. And I'm damn proud of it! They say that we left-handers are in our right frame of mind. And the Marx Brothers are genius. I love their witty banter. Their very philosophical too, in a funny sort of way. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
    Julius

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad you are happy about the award! I was weary of giving people more things to do but it is so great to feel appreciated!

    Enjoy this last week of ROW80....how it has flown!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julius - I always knew there was something about you I liked...lol. I must have been feeling those 'left-handed-vibes'...ha! And anyone who loves the Marx Brothers is okay in my book...(I'm sure I'll live to eat those words...)

    Em - I did feel appreciated. Thank you. Hope I'll see you next round! ~ Nadja

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, Nadja. A girl after my own heart. Food and feeding people are also passions of mine, and I will never be separated from my carbs. What is life without bread, I ask you? Congrats on the blog awards, and good luck with the final days of ROW80!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Love the awards and the fun facts. And it is physically impossible for me to give up chips. I do not do Halloween. My BFF is a lefty and proud of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a dense post, packed with so much info!

    Late greetings from a fellow writecampaigner :)

    -------
    Join me at the Rule of Three Writers' Blogfest!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nadja, thank you so much for the mention. I had fun putting that post together.

    My daughter is a lefty. I'm a righty. So you can imagine working on things with her can be interesting. I love the way you added extra facts about left-handed people. Gives me some things to think about. Hmmmm...will my chipmunk be a MENSA member?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE all the wonderful and fun facts that you shared! Oh my gosh...I so enjoyed watching I Love Lucy - I miss Lucielle - such a beautiful, funny, and talented woman :)

    Food makes me very happy as well, and I'm so glad fall is here because I love to bake! It has been great to meet you during the ROW80 and of course the write campaign as well! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I cannot wait to check out the Rule of Three! Thanks, Damyanti.

    Marie, Wendy, & J.R. - I hope to see you both for the next round!

    Angela - Love your nickname for your little girl!

    ~ Nadja

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, Nadja! First, congrats on the well-deserved awards! You listed some fascinating things about yourself. I wanted to take a picture of the screened porch where I write in the wee hours, but it is temporarily subbing as a storage area (grr). Maybe once everything is sold or put away :D

    Have a great rest of the week!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  17. We share a few things, I see. I have a left-handed daughter and mother. I love entertaining. I'm taking belly-dancing classes but I don't think I'm sexy. Not yet anyway. I'm also a campaigner!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on the awards, and I love how you incorporated the pictures with your facts. Interesting about the lefties, especially as both my grandparents were lefties and they had four right-handed children.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Left handed love is abounding! Thanks :)
    Have a great week! ~ Nadja

    ReplyDelete