20 April 2011

Nadja Notariani ~ ROW80 Check-In 20 April, 2011

The End Of Week Two.....Beginning Of Week Three........

A Round Of Words In 80 Days (Click Here)
Hello fellow writers!  My second week comes to a close and I prepare to begin week three's challenge.  So far so good.  Once again, I have met my word count goal.  This whole accountability thing has been great for me, and it feels extremely satisfying to watch my notebooks grow with a story I love.  I'm over the moon with my progress, and with the week in general.   

Another interesting development (at least for me) was a solid idea for my next novel.  I had been tossing around a character/plot(s)/setting that just wouldn't come together enough to satisfy me.  Well, my theory is, "Wait for it.  Good things come to those who wait.",  so I waited.  Sure enough, while laying in bed the other night in that 'half  asleep' mode after an evening spent wrestling with the issue, my eyes flew open with the proclamation,  "By Arthur Conan Doyle's nipples, I've got it!  (Okay, I didn't really proclaim those exact words...it may have sounded more like, "Please don't let me forget this by tomorrow morning.", if I even managed coherent sounds.  Work with me, people....I'm attempting to make these blog posts entertaining as well as informative.)  Anyway, about 10 pages of research later and a whole new understanding of some fantastic legend and lore from the Middle East has me plotting/planning like a maniac in the moments I'm not writing.

Putting my ridiculous sense of humor aside.....This week also marked the Passover.  Usually, this holiday is celebrated with a traditional Seder at our home.  Lamb, matzah, horseradish root, and a place for Elijah have become comforting reminders of freedom from bondage.  ADONAI led the Israelites out of their bondage under the hand of the Egyptians at the first Passover, and later He supplied The Lamb that freed us from bondage to sin, allowing death to 'pass over' us through the person of Yeshua, His Son.  We had a simple dinner this year.  I read the Passover narrative to my sons.  We will celebrate the resurrection this Sunday amongst family friends with a wonderful dinner.  I know many do not hold my beliefs, and I respect that.  Whether one does or not, the beauty of this celebration can be appreciated by all.   

Have a wonderful week everyone. ~ Nadja 

5 comments:

  1. I love when an idea hits you so hard you've GOT to get it written. Thank the nipples of Arthur Conan Doyle you didn't forget it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nadja! Thanks for stopping by the blog. Of course, you can have the new novella. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's nipples kind of freak me out, but whatever works. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean. It's a must to write it down for fear of total forgetfullness. Once again, the nipples of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle save the day.
    Julius

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Thanks all. I had no idea those nipples (real or imagined) would be such a hot topic. I'd have been happy to get a chuckle or gaffaw.....
    Yes. The idea is coming right along, especially after a brainstorming session with my dearest Claaus. I wrote another page and a half last night in the current novel too. How are all you getting on with your writing? ~Nadja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Writing is going good here also! Those real or imagined nipples could be pretty sensitive, that's why they're so effective!
    Julius

    ReplyDelete